Accidents and Emergencies

In the event of an accident or medical emergency you must take appropriate action to access treatment either through your GP, A & E or the emergency services.

All accidents must be reported to the Child’s Social Worker or, if they are not available, their Team Manager, your Fostering Social Worker and, if out of office hours, to the Emergency Duty Service. Record all accidents in your Foster Carer’s Folder record. Complete Incident Notification Forms within 24 hours and forward to your Fostering Social Worker