Foster with Staffordshire
If you are based in Staffordshire and interested in becoming a foster carer, then look no further than your local authorities fostering agency, Foster for Staffordshire.
We want you to foster with us
Being a foster carer is extremely rewarding, however that doesn’t mean it’s not a challenge. We believe that for you to provide the best possible care and support for your foster child, we need to provide you with the fostering support you need.
Why should you foster with Staffordshire County Council?
Fostering with Staffordshire County Council is different because we are a trusted, not for profit organisation with a wealth of experience and expertise in supporting families and communities.
We make the decisions about where all the children in Staffordshire who need a foster carer are placed and we prioritise our in house foster carers first before contacting private fostering agencies.
We make sure that you’re fully prepared and supported to become a foster carer and ready to meet the needs of different children.
Support designed for you.
You’ll undertake tailored training written and developed by our fostering engagement team before you’re approved, and we’ll continue to support you to develop your professional skills with training throughout your fostering career. You also have access to over 16 support groups taking place across Staffordshire so there is sure to be one near to you.
New foster carers with Staffordshire County Council will be matched with a mentor. Mentors are experienced foster carers who understand the challenges and questions new foster carers face.
- free membership with the Fostering Network & New Family Social
- free children’s events throughout the year
- free Foster Carers events, BBQ, Christmas Fair, Long Service Awards, Forums
- children that foster group for your own children
- extra allowances for children’s birthdays, Christmas, and summer holidays
- opportunity to develop areas of specialism
- £500 referral fee for approved foster carers who refer a friend or family member
- Eligible to apply for a Blue Light Card
Enquire about joining our fostering family today and we'll send you our information pack.